Private Pilots Licence
Flying Companions Certificate
Widen Your Experience & Skills
The full Instrument Rating may go beyond what you practically need to use. If you have a UK aeroplane licence you can apply for a limited form of instrument rating. This is not normally recognised outside the UK but a lot simpler to obtain.
This is an IR(R) Rating, which is an Instrument Rating (Restricted) and once the course has been successfully completed and the practical test passed it can be added onto a Private Pilots licence.
The IR(R) is restricted to UK airspace only.
The course consists of a minimum of 15 hours, all dual instruction, with a written examination and skill test. The pilot must have completed 25 hours post-PPL flying before the rating can be issued.
The privileges of the IR(R) allow:
- you to fly UK registered aeroplanes in UK airspace
- flight in IMC outside controlled airspace, (in Class G) and IFR flight in Class D or E controlled airspace with appropriate permission
- flight out of sight of surface with a minimum take off and landing in 1800m visibility
- Let-down and Approach Procedures to published Decision Height or Minimum Descent Height and to undertake missed approach procedures.
Air First’s IR(R) package includes the following:
- 15 hours dual training in a Piper Warrior PA28
- Three months temporary membership
- Blackbushe landings (up to 10 thereafter £16.00 per landing)
ILS approach fees are not included
IR(R) COURSE PRICE ON APPLICATION
This could be the start of an exciting new adventure! Please call for any further information you may require.