Blackbushe School of Flying, Blackbushe Airport, Camberley, Surrey GU17 9LQ
Air First is based at Blackbushe Airport which is conveniently situated on the A30, just off the M3 (Junction 4a) near Camberley, Surrey close to the borders of Hampshire and Berkshire.
In close proximity to Farnborough, Gatwick and Heathrow Airspace, flying from Blackbushe Airport quickly teaches student pilots the skill and discipline for flying in and around controlled Airspace.
Blackbushe School of Flying has been a resident of the airfield since 1985 and in August 2011, trading as Air First Ltd came under the ownership of Christabelle Munford. The school is run by Christabelle and her experienced operations team who consider themselves fortunate to have some of the best Flight Examiners and Instructors available. Fielding many enquiries and CAA related questions, not only are the whole team knowledgeable and professional, but are welcoming, friendly and helpful too!
Fly Aways are organised for our members and annually a group of student pilots and licence holders take to the skies in our fleet of aeroplanes for a 5 – 7 day adventure. In 2019 the destination was Falkoping in Sweden and previous years have included Venice, Prague, Bratislava and Porto.
The airport has an interesting history. Opening in late 1942 it was the operating base for RAF Hartfordbridge, providing a base for the squadrons of Spitfires and Mosquito’s which took part in reconnaissance and fighter defence operations. At the end of the war, renamed RAF Blackbushe the airport was transferred to RAF Transport Command and was also a site for flight training – HRH The Duke of Edinburgh was a successful student and the airport was used as a base for many Dakotas which served in the 1948 Berlin Airlift.
Today, the focus is on General Aviation; with a 1335m long tarmac runway (07/25) viewed from the friendly Bushe Cafe and surrounded by open countryside, Blackbushe Airport is an ideal airfield to fly from.
This could be the start of an exciting new adventure! Please call for any further information you may require.
BOOK YOUR TRIAL LESSON
1. If you wish to discuss special requests such as post-dated start to the 6 months, slot availability or any health/mobility related issues please call Air First on 01252 870999 PRIOR to purchase.
2. Air First at Blackbushe School of Flying, requires a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation (refer to Terms & Conditions)
3. Vouchers and Money on Account are non-refundable.
4. Vouchers must be booked and flown before expiry date (30 min & 60 min vouchers 6 month validity)
5. There is a weight restriction of 15 stone for the 2 seater aircraft.